I’ve been LOVING this smoothie!
I’m a huge chocolate fan, and can no longer eat sugar, so I needed something to satisfy that sweet tooth without making me dizzy. And satisfy this does!
There is nothing but pure, delicious nutrition in this wonderful treat. I’ve been having one most mornings now for at least a few weeks and it brings me through to lunch easily. This is definitely not the most budget friendly thing you can make, but think of it as an investment in your long-term health.
- ½ Frozen Banana
- ½ Cup Frozen Blueberries
- ½ Cup Frozen Greens (Kale, Collards, Spinach, Beets)
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk*
- ½ Small Avocado
- 1 Tablespoon Cocao Nibs
- 1 heaping Teaspoon Cocao Powder
- 1 scant Teaspoon Maca or Mesquite Powder (I alternate each day)
- 1 Scoop TerraGreens
- 3-4 Drops Peppermint Oil
- ½ - 1 Cup Water - enough to blend easily without the smoothie getting too watery.
- Add all ingredients to your high-powered blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend until smooth.
Some notes about ingredients:
* I use Aroy-D Coconut Milk
I use only organic ingredients. The Cocao nibs and powder are raw.
Most of the ingredients aren’t carefully measured, I just kinda dump them in! If you like it sweeter, add more banana, or a soaked date or two. If the greens are too much, decrease the amount or leave them out altogether. When I don’t have avocado, I just add a tablespoon of coconut oil, and not as much water. The avocado makes it really thick and creamy.