I just made my daughter the most delish chicken and thought you’d like it too.
I’m going to just get it down so I don’t forget what I did – I don’t have a fancy recipe plugin or anything, but you will forget all about that when you taste this!
Lemon Chicken with Kale
- 1 1/2 lb boneless happy chicken (chicken that hasn’t been drugged and has had room to frolic) – I used thighs but you could use breasts if you’d prefer.
- 1/2 cup (or so) Almond Flour
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 tablespoons cultured grass-fed butter
- 2 tablespoons organic olive oil
Heat the butter and olive oil in a cast iron pan. Salt and pepper the almond flour and dredge the chicken pieces through it. When fat is hot, place half your chicken in the pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes, turn and cook another 3-5 minutes. Remove to a plate and cook the other half of the chicken (add fat if needed). Remove to the plate and to the pan add:
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (affiliate link), or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 – 2 tablespoons Garlicky Green Parma (affiliate link)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Scrape up all the bits with a metal spatula (this will help keep your pan seasoned properly, trust me!) Add the chicken back in, cover, and cook for 5 minutes while you cut:
- 2 cups Kale, in bite-sized pieces)
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
Remove chicken to the plate again and add the Kale and garlic to the pan. When the Kale is cooked (just a few minutes) top the chicken with the kale and sauce and sprinkle more Parma on top.
If you try it, please let me know how you like it!